Critical Reflection


For this module, my aim was to improve my presentation skills in front of a huge crowd and also improve on organising my words when writing a letter. I am proud to say that I managed to achieve my aim with the tips and guidance from Prof Brad. I appreciate his patience to guide my classmates and I equip ourselves with the right set of skills for both communication and writing. Some of the things that I learned are the ways on how to summarize articles professionally, use APA style format for my report and to do a presentation professionally. For a start, I did not even know summarizing an article can be so important in my engineering career. It is so important as it can be used to support the product I am working on in my technical report. I am thankful that I managed to learn the skill in this module and I believe I can utilise the skill for my Final Year Project and also my career.

During the course module, my classmates and I were given the opportunity to participate in class such as reading some examples of summary that were professionally summarize, work in pairs on how to do quoting and citation using APA style format and presenting an article within a small group. By reading aloud in class helps me improve on the way I articulate my words so that I can present my idea clearly during my presentation. I had the opportunity to work and bond with my classmates by doing group activities in the class which gives me the confidence to speak and share my ideas with them. Therefore, these activities help me achieve my aim and gave me a chance to step out of my comfort zone.

In a nutshell, I am satisfied that I am able to achieve my aim at the end of the module and I will miss the joy of being in the class. The learning experience in this module has been engaging and resourceful. I believe that I have more confidence to do a presentation in front of a huge crowd and organise my words professionally. Thus, I hope that I can make good use of these skills for my future career.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter of Introduction

First Draft Summary : Where's my supersuit?

Technical Report Draft #1